Nobel Peace Prize or War Prize
The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009
Barack H. Obama has now fired more Tomahawk cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined.
Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 awarded to President Barack Obama because:
- His extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and coöperation between peoples.
- The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.
- As President created a new climate in international politics.
- Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play.
- Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts.
- The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations.
- Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.